Monday, May 18, 2009

End of another year!

by Cora

You all know by now that my mom has been on bed rest for about 3 months now. This time of year usually means it is the beginning to the end of a school year for her. She usually is really busy at this time getting grades in the computer and making sure that the kids are all doing what they need to do to pass PE. I think it is funny to say that, "PASS PE". Everyone should pass PE right. isn't that one of the easiest classes to pass? Well that is what everyone tells me.

This year it is a little different for my mom since she has missed most of her school year. She teaches 6 - 8 grade girl's PE and is the Head Girl's Basketball Coach. I know it has been hard for Mom to be away from her kids too. She considers them her kids, because she is with them so much and they come and ask her for advice, and are always looking for guidance. That hasn't stopped since she has been home, they email her to check up on her and some of her basketball players have been over to visit. She even gets little notes on tests and other things that they turn in for her to grade. Mom's long term sub stops by very often to give Mom the grades for the week and she always brings over her daughter who is one of the students. So they let the kids know how Mom is doing.

Mom received an email today from a mother of one of her students that made Mom cry, so I know she misses them and they miss her too.

I'd put some pictures in here, but Mom wouldn't let me, because she doesn't have permission from the parents of the students!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I know it's hard to be home and not with the school kids. Just keep the end results in mind! Love and missing you guys, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica, it's Jane (piano teacher). I love reading Cora's blog. I hope you are doing well - can't emagine how boring it is to spend most of your time in bed. It's so wonderful to have green grass and trees. My blog is Jane's bit's and pieces. and my email is jwolff@unitelc.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure you are a fantastic PE Teacher ..compared to the ones I had I am sure you were a dream teacher. It's great that the kids are emailing you, it says alot for the kind of teacher you are. Kids that age sometimes just need someone to listen!
    The counter is under 100 days!! YES!! :)

    ReplyDelete